Our client, an education consultancy company, is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations. Our company is located in Park Ridge, IL and it manages two Caribbean medical schools as well as few smaller businesses in India. The company has seen steady growth over the years and is now looking for a person with the drive and experience to head its Finance and Operations component. We are looking for a person who is a team player, has the right attitude and has worked in a leadership role in a small business environment.
- Oversee accounting staff
- Oversee billing/collection processes and policies
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the books for multiple entities
- Coordinate with outside auditors and tax accounts to ensure proper completion of audit and taxes annually
- Oversee the internal student loan program
- Prepare annual budgets, review variances and provide reports to the management with recommendations for improvement
- Prepare and maintain a 5 year financial forecast
- Act as an internal auditor for financial processes and procedures, especially those surrounding handling of cash and other assets.
- Hire, train and supervise the staff members in the finance departments
- Oversee AP process, issue checks, process wire and ACH transfers
- Maintain relationships with the bankers
- Prepare monthly cash disbursement projections for the international locations
- Oversee the operations and IT Department
- Oversee facilities personnel
- Negotiate leases and other long term contract
- Maintain relationships with the vendors, international staff and faculty
- Prepare annual facility needs projections relative to recruitment plans and budgets.
- Work with the IT manager on plans and budgets for the IT needs. Oversee technology inventory and review processes for disposal of assets.
- Hire, train and supervise administrative staff on all locations.
- Oversee HR department and participate in an ongoing review of HR policies and procedures.
- Participate in various committees.
- Stay up to date on the industry statistics and performance.
- MBA in Finance or similar degree.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a supervisory role in a small to medium size business.
- Good understanding of the basic financial principles
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or similar product
- Outside of box thinker ready to work hard and be part of the leadership team of a small, but growing business.
Required Education: Master's
Required Experience: Accounting 5 years