Job Purpose: Responsible for various Finance Department functions including Corporate accounting, internal audit, and financial planning and analysis.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs Accounting activities in adherence to US GAAP standards and principles
- Audits internal controls (governance/risk/compliance)
- Perform corporate financial audits and consulting services as identified in the annual plan
- Performs monthly account reconciliations and work paper creation
- Responsible for posting all Accounts Receivable invoices, cash receipts and reconciling the A/R Aging report to the general ledger account at month-end
- Reconcile general bank account, payroll (941) and Flexible Benefits statements to the general ledger
- Responsible for proper classification of expenses
- Responsible for intercompany accounts and reconciliations
- Responsible for calculating commissions, royalties and deferred revenue
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset schedules and monthly depreciation entries
- Some travel may be required up to 25%
- Other duties as assigned
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Supervision - None
- Ability to work under conflicting and frequently changing priorities
- Able to provide strong listening, interpersonal, team working and organizational skills
- Work-time flexibility
- Able to create a positive "can do" attitude among the entire company
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce