SUMMARY: Manage all financial information for the clients related entities, provide the Vice President of Finance with accurate, up-to-date data and manage the daily operations of the accounting staff.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Accounting and Financial Management
- Review the monthly/quarterly closing of all company projects by entity, as performed by the Project Accountants.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of the entity general ledgers and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Participate and review all entity budgets and actual vs. budget comparison.
- Monitor cash balances and submit capital calls as needed by project.
- Insure the coordination of all construction loan financing draws and payments as well as replacement reserve draws.
- Monitor balances in checking accounts and transfer funds as necessary to maximize return on investment.
- Review the analysis of profitability by community.
- Supervise and direct the accounting team.
- Review invoice entry performed at the main office.
- Monitor aged balances.
- Provide all data for the preparation of the corporate tax returns. Perform initial review of returns upon completion.
- Assist with tax planning.
- Serve as the key liaison between the outside CPA firm and the company.
- Monitor assessments for real property taxes and work with valuation consultants for potential assessment reductions.
- Ensure preparation of personal property tax returns and all other filings.
- Assist in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring finance personnel.
- Ensure the thorough training of finance personnel.
- Have input on annual reviews on personnel.
- Work to provide a motivational work environment for finance team.
- Resolve any employee questions or issues and handle performance problems as necessary.
- Strive to reduce levels of employee turnover in all positions.
Provide support to VP-Finance with respect to in working with insurance broker/carriers, filing claims, and monitoring status of next steps.
Ensure Accounts Payable Administrator keeps updated records of worker’s compensation and liability insurance expiration dates for contractors.
Ensure handling of annual audits for worker’s compensation and liability.
Participate in the underwriting process for all purchase, sale, and refinancing activity.
Provide support to VP-Finance for financing package applications from potential lenders.
Review closing packages for accuracy
- Continually review and improve upon the company’s use of its accounting software packages.
- Continually research new software and technology options which would enhance the company’s current system.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Prefer experience with multi-family residential
- Generally accepted accounting methods